deWit's Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing , 5th Edition
Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 5th Edition provides all the basic theoretical and applied knowledge that the LPN/LVN nurse needs to practice in an expanded number of care settings, such as the community clinic, physician's office, long-term care facility, home, and acute-care hospital setting. With an extensive art program and thorough discussion of QSEN, this text addresses topics like the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient, critical thinking for problem solving and clinical judgment, and communication - all within a strong nursing process framework. The accessible, friendly, and clear writing style appeals to students and instructors, and its rich ancillary package, including NCLEX-PN® review questions, gives students an edge on learning fundamentals.
- Concept maps give a visual example of concepts addressed in the text, help you visualize difficult material, and illustrate how a disorder's multiple symptoms, treatments, and side effects are associated.
- Over 110 skills and steps, featuring sample documentation examples and Home Care Considerations boxes where appropriate, present step-by-step procedures in an action/rationale format.
- Life Span Considerations: The Older Adult highlight changes that occur with aging and how they affect nursing care by LPN/LVNs working in community and long-term care.
- Easy-to-follow reading level and text organization presents information from simple to most complex, making it perfect for lower level students and those speaking English as a second language.
- Numbered objectives, divided by theory and clinical practice, provide a framework for content.
- Cultural Considerations cover biocultural variations, as well as health promotion for specific ethnic groups, so you provide culturally competent care.
- Health Promotion and Patient Teaching boxes include guidelines to prevent illness, promote health, and develop self-care strategies.
- Nursing process framework features application of the nursing process and nursing care plans to reinforce application of the nursing process in the clinical setting.
- Think Critically boxes encourage you to synthesize information and apply concepts to practice.
- Home Care Considerations boxes highlight the necessary adaptations of nursing skills and techniques for the patient in the home care setting.
- Communication boxes present examples of nurse-patient dialogues and instructive therapeutic communication techniques.
- Over 20 nursing care plans, which include critical thinking questions at the end of the text, provide you with a model for planning patient care.
- Clinical chapters provide an overview of structure and function to give you a refresher in related anatomy and physiology, including a section on aging.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations, which are helpful for ESL students, and text page references to find the definition.
- Standard LPN Threads features include helpful characteristics such as full-color design, key terms, numbered objectives, key points, critical thinking questions, critical thinking activities, glossary, and references.
|作者資訊||By Patricia A. Williams, RN, MSN, CCRN, Formerly, Nursing Educator University of California Medical Center San Francisco, California; Alumnus, iSAGE Mini Fellowship Program Successful Aging Project Stanford University Medical School Stanford, California|
|Table of Content||
Unit I: Introduction to Nursing and the Health Care System
Unit II: The Nursing Process
Unit III: Communication in Nursing
Unit IV: Developmental, Psychosocial, and Cultural Considerations
Unit V: Basic Nursing Skills
Unit VI: Meeting Basic Physiologic Needs
Unit VII: Medication Administration
Unit VIII: Care of the Surgical and Immobile Patient
Unit IX: Caring for the Elderly
Appendix A: Standard Steps for All Nursing Procedures
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|