Trusted for 30 years, Drain's PeriAnesthesia Nursing, A Critical Care Approach, 7th Edition is the only book on the market that provides comprehensive clinical content tailored specifically for perianesthesia nurses. An easy-to-use format with five distinct sections - covering the PACU, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, nursing care, and special considerations - means you get five books in one. Nursing and pharmacologic interventions are integrated with in-depth coverage of pathophysiology, and updated content includes the latest standards and current issues affecting perianesthesia nursing practice. Focusing on research, documentation, and psychosocial considerations, this is the one book that can take you all the way from being a novice nurse in the PACU to preparing for your CPAN® or CAPA® certification!
- Updated Evidence-based Research boxes in sections IV and V provide the latest standards of care.
- Five separate sections provide comprehensive coverage, including: the PACU, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, nursing care, and special considerations.
- Addresses current policies and issues affecting perianesthesia nursing practice such as patient safety, infection control, managed care implications, pain management, and bioterrorism.
- Special Considerations section details the care of patients with conditions such as malignant hyperthermia, substance abuse, sickle cell anemia, and cardiac arrest.
- Comprehensively covers the various types of anesthetic agents to be anticipated in the PACU.
- In-depth coverage of pathophysiology for all body systems integrated with nursing and pharmacologic interventions.
- Streamlined format includes an overview, definitions, summary, and references for each chapter.
|作者資訊||By Jan Odom-Forren, MS, RN, PhD, CPAN, FAAN, Perianesthesia / Perioperative Consultant, Co-Editor, Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, Louisville, KY|
|Table of Content||
Section I: The Postanesthesia Care Unit
Section II: Physiologic Considerations in the PACU
Section III: Concepts in Anesthetic Agents
Section IV: Nursing Care in the PACU
Section V: Special Considerations
|Trim||260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)|