Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care , 12th Edition
Learn the principles and skills you'll need as a respiratory therapist! Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 12th Edition provides a solid foundation in respiratory care and covers the latest advances in this ever-changing field. Known as "the bible for respiratory care," this text makes it easy to understand the role of the respiratory therapist, the scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. Comprehensive chapters correlate to the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices, preparing you for clinical and exam success. Written by noted educators Robert Kacmarek, James Stoller, and Albert Heuer, this edition includes new chapters on heart failure as well as ethics and end-of-life care, plus the latest AARC practice guidelines.
- Updated content reflects the newest advances in respiratory care, preparing you to succeed in today's health care environment.
- UNIQUE! Mini-Clinis provide case scenarios challenging you to use critical thinking in solving problems encountered during actual patient care.
- Decision trees developed by hospitals highlight the use of therapist-driven protocols to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes.
- Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
- Learning objectives align with the summary checklists, highlighting key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter, and parallel the three areas tested on the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices.
- Learning resources on the Evolve companion website include an NBRC correlation guide, image collection, lecture notes, Body Spectrum electronic anatomy coloring book, and an English/Spanish glossary.
- Student workbook provides a practical study guide reflecting this edition of the text, offering numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities. Available separately.
- Full-color design calls attention to the text's special features and promotes learning.
- Glossary includes key terms and definitions needed for learning concepts.
|作者資訊||By Robert M. Kacmarek, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Professor of Anesthesiology, Harvard Medical School; Director, Respiratory Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; James K. Stoller, MD, MS, Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine; Vice Chairman of Medicine, Executive Director, Leadership Development, and Head, Section of Respiratory Therapy, Department of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH and Al Heuer, PhD, MBA, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, Associate Professor and Program Director, Respiratory Care Program, School of Health Related Professions, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey|
|Table of Content||I: Foundations of Respiratory Care
1. History of Respiratory Care
2. The Profession of Respiratory Care
3. Quality, Patient Safety, and Communication, and Recordkeeping
4. Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
5. Ethical and Legal Implications of Practice
6. Physical Principles of Respiratory Care
7. E-Medicine in Respiratory Care
8. Fundamentals of Respiratory Care Research
II: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
9. The Respiratory System
10. The Cardiovascular System
12. Gas Exchange and Transport
13. Solutions, Body Fluids, and Electrolytes
14. Acid-Base Balance
15. Regulation of Breathing
III: Assessment of Respiratory Disorders
16. Bedside Assessment of the Patient
17. Interpreting Clinical and Laboratory Data
18. Interpreting the Electrocardiogram
19. Analysis and Monitoring of Gas Exchange
20. Pulmonary Function Testing
21. Review of Thoracic Imaging
22. Flexible Bronchoscopy and the Respiratory Therapist
23. Nutrition Assessment
IV: Review of Cardiopulmonary Disease
24. Pulmonary Infections
25. Obstructive Lung Disease: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, and Related Diseases
26. Interstitial Lung Disease
27. Pleural Diseases
28. Pulmonary Vascular Disease
29. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
30. Respiratory Management of Trauma, Obesity, Near Drowning, and Burns
31. Heart Failure NEW!
32. Lung Cancer
33. Neuromuscular and Other Diseases of the Chest Wall
34. Disorders of Sleep
35. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Disorders
V: Basic Therapeutics
36. Airway Pharmacology
37. Airway Management
38. Emergency Cardiovascular Life Support
39. Humidity and Bland Aerosol Therapy
40. Aerosol Drug Therapy
41. Storage and Delivery of Medical Gases
42. Medical Gas Therapy
43. Lung Expansion Therapy
44. Airway Clearance Therapy (ACT)
VI: Acute and Critical Care
45. Respiratory Failure and the Need for Ventilatory Support
46. Mechanical Ventilators
47. Physiology of Ventilatory Support
48. Patient-Ventilator Interaction
49. Initiating and Adjusting Invasive Ventilatory Support
50. Noninvasive Ventilation
51. Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS)
52. Monitoring the Patient in the Intensive Care Unit
53. Discontinuing Ventilatory Support
54. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
VII: Patient Education and Long-Term Care
55. Patient Education and Health Promotion
56. Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
57. Respiratory Care in Alternative Settings
58. Ethics and End-of-Life Care NEW!
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|