This book is a step-by-step manual for the complete echo-novice. It should be the only book needed to become a proficient echocardiographer. The text focuses on the practicalities of performing an examination, and the interpretation of images. Avoiding unnecessary technicalities, it places particular emphasis on the diagnostic features of sample cases and covers the entire breadth of adult cardiology. The majority of the echo images are also available in a dynamic form on the Expert Consult platform. Also included is access to 100 case scenarios and images for self-assessment interpretation. The combination of the book and the website materials provides an unparalleled learning experience for people who do not routinely practise echocardiography.
- The text covers the basic concepts of how ultrasound works and looks at practical aspects of how to perform an echo.
- It examines both normal function as well as the whole range of pathologies encountered in day-to-day clinical practice.
- There is particular emphasis on how to report your interpretation of the echo findings.
- The book is highly illustrated throughout with real examples many of which are available to view in dynamic form on the Expert Consult platform, thus offering a comprehensive library of echo movies.
- The text is fully up to date with the latest recommendations of the American Society of Echocardiography as well as equivalents from the British Society of Echocardiography
- 100 self-assessment cases on the Expert Consult platform test knowledge and interpretation skills and are aimed at BSE accreditation exam level
|作者資訊||By Alisdair Ryding, BSc, MBChB, MRCP, PhD, Consultant Interventional Cardiologist,Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals, Norwich, UK; Honorary Consultant Cardiologist, James Paget University Hospital, UK|
"This is an excellent primer for those starting out in echocardiography and even those who have been doing it for a while. It's clearly written by someone who is near enough to the front end of their training that they remember what others find or may find difficult to understand. The text is extremely readable with useful illustrations and good quality images."
BMA Medical Book Awards - Highly Commended Award
"This [is a] well organized, structured and concisely written book! This volume represents a highly recommendable introduction to the exciting world of echocardiography."
European Journal of Radiology
|Trim||234 x 156 (6 1/8 x 9 1/4)|