A practical reference for the clinical setting, Handbook of Anesthesia, 5th Edition puts key information at your fingertips. It's an ideal companion to Nurse Anesthesia, providing easy-access coverage of the subjects you look up most frequently, such as common diseases, common procedures, drugs, and protocols. It also includes the most current information related to perioperative management and anesthetic care considerations for a wide variety of surgical procedures. Written by leading CRNA experts John Nagelhout and Karen Plaus, this compact handbook provides the up-to-date clinical and drug information you'll use in daily practice
"This book is packed with information, is easy to read and easy to navigate. The clinical information is authentic, and reads like the work of authors with clinical experience and wisdom"
Reviewed by: British Journal of Anaesthesia Date: Nov 2014
- Over 100 tables and boxes offer quick access to important aspects of a patient's medical condition.
- Expert CRNA authors provide the most up-to-date and relevant clinical information you'll use in daily practice.
- Detailed information for pediatric and geriatric patients prepares you for the special considerations of any patient population.
- Disease monographs include definition, incidence and prevalence, etiology, laboratory results, clinical manifestations, treatment, anesthetic considerations, and prognosis.
- Monographs for surgical procedures include a brief description, preoperative assessments, anesthetic technique, perioperative management, and postoperative implications.
- Drug monographs include generic names, trade names, indications, anesthetic considerations, pharmacokinetics, precautions and contraindications, dosages, and adverse effects.
|作者資訊||By John J. Nagelhout, CRNA, PhD, FAAN, Director, School of Anesthesia, Kaiser Permanente, California State University-Fullerton, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Pasadena, CA and Karen Plaus, PhD, CRNA, FAAN, Chief Executive Officer, National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists, Chicago, IL|
"...This book is packed with information, is easy to read and easy to navigate. The clinical information is authentic, and reads like the work of authors with clinical experience and wisdom. The jobbing anaesthetist can open it at any page, and find something of interest"
|Table of Content||
PART 1: COMMON DISEASES
Section 1: Cardiovascular System
Coronary Artery Disease
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Valvular Heart Disease
Section 2: Central Nervous System
Spinal Cord Injury
Section 3: Endocrine System
Section 4: Gastrointestinal System
Carcinoid Tumors and Carcinoid Syndrome
Hiatal Hernia/Gastric Reflux
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Section 5: Hematologic System
Disseminating Intravascular Coagulation
Heparin Induced Thromocytopenia
Sickle Cell Disease
Von Willebrand Disease
Section 6: Hepatic System
Section 7: Musculoskeletal System
Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
Section 8: Renal System
Acute Renal Failure
Chronic Renal Failure
Section 9: Respiratory System
Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Pneumothorax and Hemothorax
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Restrictive Pulmonary Diseases
Section 10: Other Conditions
Allergic Reactions and Hypersensitivity
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Part 2: Common Procedures
Section 1: Cardiovascular System
Section 2: Gastrointestinal System
Section 3: Genitourinary System
Section 4: Head and Neck
Section 5: Intrathoracic and Extrathoracic
Section 6: Neurologic System
Section 7: Neuroskeletal System
Section 8: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Section 9: Orthopedics and Podiatry
Section 10: Other Procedures
Section 11: Pediatrics
Section 12: Neonatal Anesthetic Considerations
Section 13: Anesthesia for Therapeutic and Diagnostic Procedures
Section 14: Vascular Surgery
Section 15: Complications
Part 3: Drugs
Preoperative Laboratory Tests
Pulmonary Function Test Values
|Trim||5 x 8.25|