Instant Work-ups: A Clinical Guide to Medicine , 2nd Edition
Pocket-sized and portable, Instant Work-ups: A Clinical Guide to Medicine offers all of the critical information physicians need to know in order to evaluate and diagnose a patient. The content is uniquely presented as a patient would present his or her case: with symptoms and abnormalities, as opposed to a diagnosis. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear work-up plans for the most commonly encountered medical conditions, providing quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Pocket-sized design makes it perfect for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Covers approximately 80 of the most commonly encountered medical conditions.
- Chapters are alphabetically organized by topic for easy reference.
- Topics are presented as a sign, symptom, or abnormal lab reading as a patient would present his or her case.
- Every topic includes a brief background discussion, a list of important related materials, and a detailed list of the next lab or radiographic tests.
- Describes each diagnostic test and includes algorithms for each topic to help guide diagnosis.
|作者資訊||By Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano, Napa, California; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine; University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine; David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Los Angeles, California|
"This is a very comprehensive guide presented in a compact, quick-read, reference format."
-Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) Doody's Score: 97 - 5 Stars!
|Table of Content||1. Acute kidney injury
2. Adrenal masses
5. Arthritis and arthralgia
7. Atrial fibrillation
8. Bleeding and bruising
9. Cerebrospinal fluid evaluation
10. Chronic cough
11. Chronic kidney disease
12. Chronic meningitis
19. Elevated alkaline phosphatase
20. Elevated amylase (Hyperamylasemia)
21. Erectile dysfunction
23. Fever of unknown origin
26. Gallbladder polyps
28. Hair loss
29. Hearing loss
35. Hypercoagulable states
45. Infertility, female
46. Infertility, male
50. Memory loss and dementia
51. Muscle weakness
54. Night sweats
57. Peripheral neuropathy
58. Pituitary adenomas
59. Pleural effusion
60. Preoperative evaluation before noncardiac surgery
63. Recurrent urinary tract infection
64. Renal cysts
66. Scrotal masses
68. Solitary pulmonary nodule
70. Synovial fluid analysis
72. Thyroid nodule
74. Transaminase elevation
76. Urinary incontinence
77. Visual disturbances
78. Weight loss
|Trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|