Instrumentation for the Operating Room , 9th Edition
A must-have manual for anyone working with instruments in the clinical environment! Instrumentation for the Operating Room: A Photographic Manual, 9th Edition provides a practical, true-color guide to today's most commonly used surgical instruments. A reader-friendly format includes clear instructions on preparation, sterilization, and setup, and goes beyond other books in showing not only individual instruments but also instruments in sets according to surgical procedure. This edition includes 13 new chapters as well as many new photographs throughout the book. Written by an experienced perioperative nurse, Shirley Tighe, this resource includes more than 1,000 photographs of instruments and instrument tips in the book and on the Evolve companion website - that's more than any other manual!
- Over 800 photographs in the book show both individual and sets of instruments, including whole instruments and instrument tips, to help in distinguishing between similar types.
- Instrument Preparation for Surgery unit discusses the importance of proper instrument handling and sterilization, including proper placement within sterilization trays.
- Entire unit on female reproductive surgery focuses on a key area not well covered in other books.
- Excellent quality of photos is enhanced by a consistent background to show the detail and true color of the instruments.
- A logical organization covers instruments by surgical procedures, beginning with simpler surgeries and progressing to more specialized instruments and their setups.
- Coverage of instrumentation addresses a single surgery in each chapter, showing instruments first as a set, then displaying them individually, and featuring instrument tips as appropriate.
- Spiral-bound format allows the book to lay flat for easier access while on the job.
|作者資訊||By Shirley M. Tighe, RN, BA, Perioperative Nursing Consultant, Lake Havasu City, AZ|
|Table of Content||UNIT ONE: INSTRUMENT PREPARATION FOR SURGERY
1. Care and Handling of Surgical Instruments
2. Sterilization Container Systems
UNIT TWO: GENERAL SURGERY
3. Operating Room Suite/Basic Laparotomy
4. Abdominal Self-Retaining Retractors
5. Small Laparotomy Set
6. Minor Laparoscopic Set
8. Laparoscopic Adult MIS Set/Instrumentation
9. Laser Laparoscope
10. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
11. Laparoscopic Bowel Resection
12. Bowel Resection
14. Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
15. The da Vinci® Surgical System
16. Breast Biopsy/Lumpectomy
UNIT THREE: FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SURGERY
18. Dilatation and Curettage of the Uterus (D and C)
20. Vaginal Laser NEW!
21. Abdominal Hysterectomy
22. Supracervical Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
23. Vaginal Hysterectomy
24. Laparoscopic Tubal Occulusion
UNIT FOUR: GENITOURINARY SURGERY
26. Urethroscopy NEW!
27. Ureteroscopy NEW!
29. Laparoscopic Nephrectomy NEW!
30. Pubovaginal Sling/Anterior Repair NEW!
32. Laparoscopic Prostatectomy NEW!
33. Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
35. Penile Prosthesis NEW!
UNIT FIVE: ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
36. Basic Orthopedic Surgery
37. Power Saws and Drills, Battery Powered
38. Small Joint Arthroscope Set
39. Arthroscopic Carpal Tunnel Instruments
40. Small/Minor Joint Replacement
41. Total Ankle Prosthesis
42. Arthroscopy of the Knee/Shoulder
43. Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Patellar Tendon Bone Graft Instruments
44. Total Knee Replacement
45. Shoulder Surgery Instruments
46. Hip Fracture
47. Hip Retractors
48. Total Hip Replacement
49. Total Hip Instruments (Zimmer-VerSys)
50. Spinal Fusion with Rodding
51. Long Bone Rodding for Fracture Fixation
52. ASIF Universal Femoral Distractor Set
53. Synthes Retrograde/Antegrade Femoral Nail
54. Synthes Unreamed Tibial Nail Insertion and Locking Instruments
55. External Fixation of Fractures
56. ASIF Pelvic Instrument Set
57. Universal Screwdriver/Broken Screw Set NEW!
UNIT SIX: EYE, EAR, NOSE, AND THROAT SURGERY
58. Basic Eye Set
59. Clear Corneal Set
60. Corneal Transplant
61. Deep Lamellar Endothelial Keratoplasty (DLEK)
63. Eye Muscle Surgery
64. Retinal Detachment
66 Oculoplastic Instrument Set
67. Eye Enucleation
68. Basic Ear Set
70. Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy (T & A)
71. Transoral Surgery NEW!
73. Septoplasty (SMR) and Rhinoplasty
74. Nasal Polyp Instruments
75. Nasal Fracture Reduction
76 . Sinus Surgery
UNIT SEVEN: ORAL, MAXILLARY, AND FACIAL SURGERY
77. Facial Fracture Set
78. Orthognathic Surgery
79. Titanium 2.0-mm Micro-Fixation System
UNIT EIGHT: PLASTIC SURGERY
80. Minor Plastic Set
81. Micro Plastic Set NEW!
82. Plastic Miscellaneous NEW!
83. Skin Graft
UNIT NINE: PERIPHERAL VASCULAR, CARDIOVASCULAR, AND THORACIC SURGERY
85 Artery Bypass Graft
86. Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
87. Abdominal Vascular Set (Open Procedure)
89. Thoracic Instruments
90. Cardiac Surgery
91. Open Heart Micro Instruments
92. Sternal Saws and Sternum Knife
93. Open Heart Extras
94. Cardiovascular Instruments
95. Open Heart Valve Extras
96. Return Open Heart Set
97. Vein Retrieval Instruments NEW!
98. Radial Artery Harvest Set
UNIT ELEVEN: NEUROSURGERY
100. Neurologic Bone Pan Instruments
101. Neurologic Retractors
102. Medtronic Midas Rex Electric Drill
103. Rhoton Neurologic Microinstrument Set
104. Ultrasonic Handpieces
105. Neurologic Shunt Instruments
106. MINOP Neuroendoscopy Set
107. ICP Monitoring Tray
108. Yasargil Aneurysm Clips with Appliers
109. Synthes Low-Profile Cranial Plating Set
111. Williams Laminectomy Microretractors
112. Minimally Invasive Spine NEW!
113. Anterior Cervical Fusion
114. ASIF Anterior Cervical Locking Plating Instruments
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|