Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing , 8th Edition
Get a solid foundation in maternity and pediatric nursing! Written in a clear, concise, friendly style, Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition is the complete guide to caring for maternity and pediatric patients. This best-selling text is organized by developmental stages, discussions of pediatric disorders by body system from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness, and includes a focus on family health. This edition also contains newly updated NCLEX® style review questions, new case studies, new content on zika virus, QSEN and safety, and expanded phases of pregnancy.
- Evidence-based maternal-child content prepares you for the LVN/LPN to achieve higher levels of learning, a goal expressed by the IOM Committee on the Future of Nursing.
- Over 42 detailed, updated nursing skills introduce you to skills unique to maternity and pediatric care.
- Over 25 nursing care plans feature seven different formats/themes/styles, including unfolding case studies.
- The beginning concepts of critical thinking introduces you to this idea as a basis for clinical nursing care.
- Updated content on the influence of microbiomes on non-invasive pregnancy and newborn nursing care addresses its impact on the adult health of the newborn.
- Step-by-step application of the nursing process covers the hospital, home, community and use in improving global health.
- Expanded cultural practices as they relate to pregnancy, delivery and pediatric care in the community.
- Coverage of the use of expanding new technologies and computerized medication administration reinforce the nursing process and strengthen problem-solving skills as applied to maternity nursing.
|作者資訊||By Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, CNE, Professor, Obstetric and Pediatric Nursing, Riverside City College, Riverside, CA|
|Table of Content||
UNIT I: An Overview of Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|