2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Surgery category!
General Surgical Operations is a highly-praised and comprehensive textbook of operative surgery. It is a practical manual aimed at the surgeon who is about to carry out an operation, rather than just a description of the principles suitable for an examiner.
Kirk's General Surgical Operations continues to be aimed at a broad readership: the candidate preparing for the Intercollegiate FRCS in General Surgery or international equivalents; the trained surgeon faced, through necessity, with undertaking an infrequently performed procedure; and the many surgeons working in hospitals throughout the world without access to specialist services. It remains above all a practical text which will guide the surgeon in training, or one unfamiliar with a procedure, on how to perform it, but more importantly on how to manage the uncertainties which so often arise
This is a 'What to do' book. Using it the reader can aspire to gain diagnostic, decision making and operative surgical competence with confidence.
- The book is written in a clear and direct style and providing explicit instructions using descriptive headings for easy reference.
- The contents covers standard routine operations in full; non-routine and rarely performed operations are included only where appropriate and in lesser detail
- The text includes advice on topics such as patient selection; preparation and access to the site of operation; how to accomplish the procedure; closing and aftercare
- Difficulties are highlighted and advice given on how to respond to unexpected findings
- Each procedure is fully described thus avoiding repetitions and cutting cross-references to a minimum
- Regular summaries of key points in the decision making process are included.
|作者資訊||Edited by Richard Novell, Mchir FRCS, Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, The Royal Free Hospital, London, UK; Daryll Baker, BSc, PhD, BM, Bch, FRCS, FRCS (gen) , Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK and Nicholas Goddard, MB FRCS, Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK|
|Pp Authortext||Novell, Baker & Goddard|
|New to this Edition||
"The 6th edition of Kirk's General Surgical Operations gives clear, concise guidance of acquiring comprehensive surgical skills to ensure operative success, encouraging and empowering the reader from the very beginning. In this new edition all chapters were thoroughly updated and revised. The content was expanded from 33 to 42 chapters, offering an excellent key resource for both junior surgical trainees and undergraduate medical students... including the most recent surgical advances such as modern laparoscopic procedures and bariatric surgery, the authors bring together up-to-date content, making it an important source for any aspiring surgeon."
British Journal of Surgery, April 2014
|Table of Content||
|Trim||276h x 219w mm|