Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures , 6th Edition
Find complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, 6th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find an alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. In Part II, you'll find descriptions of virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. This edition is updated with the latest research and over 20 NEW test entries. Written by educator Cynthia Chernecky and clinical nurse specialist Barbara Berger, this lab reference covers today's lab tests with concise, easy-to-use information.
- Over 600 diseases and symptoms are listed in Part I, with the most relevant tests identified for each.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included in Part II, more than any other reference!
- Organized alphabetically, with printed A-to-Z thumb tabs that make it easy to turn to appropriate sections in the book.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to help you quickly find what you're looking for.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, along with Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment for dangerously elevated levels.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, helping you diagnose patients for whom blood preservation is essential. You'll also see whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Special consent form requirements are indicated for appropriate tests.
- Guidance for client and family teaching helps you offer useful instruction concerning test preparation and follow-up care.
|作者資訊||By Cynthia C. Chernecky, PhD, RN, CNS, AOCN, FAAN, Professor, Department of Physiological and Technological Nursing, School of Nursing, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA and Barbara J. Berger, MSN, RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Southwest General Health Center, Partnering with University Hospitals Health System, Middleburg Heights, OH|
|Table of Content||
How to Use This Book
Part I: Diseases, Conditions, and Symptoms
Part II: Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures
Appendix A: Reportable Diseases
Appendix B: Informed Consent for Genetic Testing
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|