Make the essential principles of massage therapy more approachable! Covering massage fundamentals, techniques, and anatomy and physiology, Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition prepares you for success in class, on exams, and in practice settings. The new edition of this student friendly text includes more than 700 images, expanded information on the latest sanitation protocols, critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter, and updated pathologies which reflect what you will encounter in the field.
- UPDATED pathologies ensure they are current and reflect what you will see in the field as a practitioner.
- UPDATED Research Literacy and evidence-informed practice skills, emphasize how to locate and apply scientific data and the latest research findings in your massage practice.
- Licensing and Certification Practice Exams on Evolve mimics the major high-stakes exams in format and content, builds confidence, and helps increase pass rates.
- Complete anatomy and physiology section, in addition to material on techniques and foundations, you all the information you need in just one book.
- Robust art program enhances your understanding and comprehension of each topic presented through visual representation.
- Case studies challenge you to think critically and apply your understanding to realistic scenarios, foster open-mindedness, cultural competency, and stimulate dialogue.
- Profile boxes provide an inspirational, real-world perspective on massage practice from some of the most respected authorities in massage and bodywork.
- Clinical Massage chapter focuses on massage in therapeutic and palliative settings such as hospitals, chiropractic and physical therapy offices, nursing homes, and hospice care centers to broaden your career potential.
- Business chapter loaded with skills to help make you more marketable and better prepared for today's competitive job market.
|作者資訊||By Susan G. Salvo, D.Ed., LMT, NTS, CI, BCTMB, Co-Owner, Co-Director, and Instructor, Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy, Lake Charles, LA; Veteran Massage Therapist, Lake Charles, LA|
|Table of Content||
Unit I: Foundations for Practice, Basic and Complementary Methods, and Business Practices
Unit II: Anatomy and Physiology
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|