Easily master all aspects of dental assisting with the most up-to-date and most trusted text available. For more than 40 years, students and practitioners alike have relied on Modern Dental Assisting for its cutting-edge content, easy-to-grasp writing style, step-by-step procedures, and top-notch visuals. And the new 13th edition is no exception. With updated content - including the latest technological advancements, clinical photographs, and new coverage on cultural diversity and how it relates to patient care - this new edition will guide you from your first day of class all the way to your first job in dental assisting.
- UNIQUE! Trusted expert authors Doni Bird and Debbie Robinson present information and procedures in a way that makes it easy to understand and apply the material.
- Comprehensive, cutting-edge content is presented in approachable writing style.
- Step-by-step procedures for general and expanded functions use color coding and clinical photos to demonstrate key dental assisting competencies.
- 70 procedural videos include questions and answers correlated to the chapter procedures with closed-captioning in English and Spanish and audio narration in English.
- UNIQUE! Interactive Dental Office program provides in-depth case studies integrated with periodontal charting, radiographic mounting, and more.
- Recall and Critical Thinking questions in each chapter provide opportunities for practice and application.
- Feature boxes on infection control and CDC practice, patient education, and law and ethics summarize recommendations and key applications in practice.
- Key terminology list helps you better comprehend the chapter and how the information applies to dentistry practice.
- Learning and performance outcomes set goals for what you will accomplish and serve as checkpoints for comprehension and skills mastery.
|作者資訊||By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Former Director, Dental Education Programs, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, California; Former Director, Dental Assisting Program University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition, Gilling's School of Global Public Health; Former Research Assistant, and Project Coordinator, UNC-CH Adams School of Dentistry; Former Director, Dental Assisting and Dental Assisting Specialty Program, UNC-CH Adams, School of Dentistry|
|Table of Content||
PART 1: The Dental Assisting Profession
PART 2: Sciences in Dentistry
PART 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
PART 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry
PART 6: Patient Information and Assessment
PART 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
PART 8: Radiographic Imaging
PART 9: Dental Materials
PART 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
PART 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|