Mastering the art of manual muscle and sensory testing is the first step on your path to becoming a physical therapist (PT). This easy-to-follow, logically organized resource includes an overview of muscle strength assessment and precise anatomic testing techniques for upper extremities, lower extremities, and head, neck, and trunk; functional muscle tests; tests for mental status, cranial nerves, and superficial reflexes; and use of observational gait analysis as a screening tool.
Photographs of testing procedures, line drawings of various innervations, and video clips showing manual muscle testing procedures augment your understanding of this important skill area.
- Photographs and illustrations demonstrate various techniques to help you better understand positioning, stabilization, and common substitutions.
- Chapters follow a logical progression from muscle testing to sensory testing to gait assessment, making the learning process clear.
- Chapters on dynamometry, sensory examination, neurologic examination, and gait provide you with additional need-to-know information on these key topics.
|作者資訊||By Nancy Berryman Reese, PhD, PT, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR|
|Table of Content||1. Introduction to Muscle Strength Testing
2. Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Upper Extremity
3. Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Head, Neck, and Trunk
4. Techniques of Manual Muscle Testing: Lower Extremity
5. Techniques of Functional Muscle Testing
6. Techniques of Pediatric Muscle Testing
7. Hand-held Dynamometry for Muscle Testing
8. Techniques of the Sensory Examination
9. Techniques of the Remainder of the Neurologic Examination: Coordination, Mental Status, Cranial Nerves, and Superficial Reflexes
10. Observational Gait Analysis as a Screening Tool
Appendix A: Average Joint Ranges of Motion
Appendix B: Muscle Innervations by Spinal Cord Level
Appendix C: Muscle Innervations by Peripheral Nerve
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|