Muscles and Meridians is a unique book that breaks new conceptual ground in the realm of human movement. Exploring the connection between evolutionary biology and Chinese meridians, the volume offers a novel and effective system of diagnosis and treatment of common musculoskeletal disorders.
- Describes a new model of human movement.
- Offers a new assessment methodology.
- Offers a profound new understanding of the world's oldest medical map, the Chinese meridian map.
|作者資訊||By Phillip Beach, DO, DAc, OSNZ, Osteopathic and Acupuncture Practitioner, Wellington, New Zealand|
'The biomechanical and postural concepts emerging from Phillip Beach's study of contractility and vertebrate movement patterns are revolutionary and clinically relevant to all manual therapists and acupuncturists. They change the way we need to view the body and its behaviour'.
Leon Chaitow, Registered Osteopathic Practitioner and Senior Lecturer, University of Westminster, London, UK
'Reflecting his extensive education, profound explorations, and years of practical experience, Phillip Beach's ideas braid movement, embryology, and acupuncture into a unique and useful systemic perspective'.
Thomas W. Myers, author of Anatomy Trains
|Table of Content||
1. A wriggle in deep time
2. Embryological morphogenesis
3. Modelling movement
4. Lateral contractile field (L-CF)
5. Dorso/ventral contractile field (D/V-CF)
6. Helical contractile field (H-CF)
7. Limb contractile fields (Limb-CFs)
8. Radial contractile field (R-CF)
9. Chiralic contractile field (C-CF)
10. Fluid field (F-F)
11. Archetypal postures: a self-tuning mechanism
12. Decoding the Chinese meridial map
13. Manipulating shape
Abbreviations and glossary
|Trim||234 x 156 (6 1/8 x 9 1/4)|