See how to identify and effectively manage oral diseases! Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 4th Edition provides state-of-the-art information on the wide variety of diseases that may affect the oral and maxillofacial region. Over 1,400 radiographs and full-color clinical photos - that's more than any other reference - bring pathologies and conditions to life. New to this edition is coverage of the latest advances in diagnosis and disease management, plus topics such as hereditary dental anomalies and oral lesions associated with cosmetic fillers. Written by well-known oral pathology educators Brad Neville, Douglas Damm, Carl Allen, and Angela Chi, this market leader is your go-to reference for the care of patients with oral disease!
- Over 1,300 clinical photos and radiographs, most in full color, facilitate identification and classification of lesions.
- Current concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment.
- Each chapter is logically organized by body system or disease group, enabling you to easily identify a specific condition.
- A comprehensive appendix of differential diagnosis among oral and maxillofacial disease processes helps you rule out invalid diagnoses.
- The bibliography divided by topic presented at the end of each chapter enables you to pursue supplemental literature.
- Highly accomplished authors and contributors with a broad range of clinical and classroom teaching experience provide well-balanced coverage of the entire subject.
- Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow immediate access to specific topics.
|作者資訊||By Brad W. Neville, DDS, Distinguished University Professor, Director, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Department of Stomatology, College of Dental Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; Douglas D. Damm, DDS, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry Lexington, KY ; Carl M. Allen, DDS, MSD, Associate Professor of Pathology Professor and Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University; Professor, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH and Angela C. Chi , DMD, College of Dental Medicine Medical University of South Carolina|
|Table of Content||1. Developmental Defects of the Oral and Maxillofacial Region
2. Abnormalities of Teeth
3. Pulpal and Periapical Disease
4. Periodontal Diseases
5. Bacterial Infections
6. Fungal and Protozoal Diseases
7. Viral Infections
8. Physical and Chemical Injuries
9. Allergies and Immunologic Diseases
10. Epithelial Pathology
11. Salivary Gland Pathology
12. Soft Tissue Tumors
13. Hematologic Disorders
14. Bone Pathology
15. Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors
16. Dermatologic Diseases
17. Oral Manifestations of Systemic Diseases
18. Facial Pain and Neuromuscular Diseases
19. Forensic Dentistry
Appendix: Differential Diagnosis of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases
Part 1: Mucosal and Soft Tissue Pathology: Color Changes
Part 2: Mucosal and Soft Tissue Pathology: Surface Alterations
Part 3: Mucosal and Soft Tissue Pathology: Masses or Enlargements
Part 4: Radiographic Pathology
Part 5: Pathology of Teeth
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|