Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation , 4th Edition
Gain a strong foundation in the field of orthotics and prosthetics! Orthotics and Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 4th Edition is a clear, comprehensive, one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information and application. Divided into three sections, this text gives you a foundation in orthotics and prosthetics, clinical applications when working with typical and special populations, and an overview of amputation and prosthetic limbs. This edition has been updated with coverage of the latest technology and materials in the field, new evidence on effectiveness and efficacy of interventions and cognitive workload associated usage along with enhanced color photographs and case studies - it's a great resource for students and rehabilitation professionals alike.
Comprehensive coverage addresses rehabilitation in a variety of environments, including acute care, long-term care and home health care, and outpatient settings.
- Book organized into three parts corresponding with typical patient problems and clinical decision-making.
- The latest evidence-based research throughout text help you learn clinical-decision making skills.
- Case studies present real-life scenarios that demonstrate how key concepts apply to clinical decision-making and evidence-based practice.
- World Health Organization disablement model (ICF) incorporated to help you learn how to match patient's limitations with the best clinical treatment.
- Multidisciplinary approach in a variety of settings demonstrates how physical therapists can work with the rest of the healthcare team to provide high quality care in orthotic/prosthetic rehabilitation.
- The latest equipment and technology throughout text addresses the latest options in prosthetics and orthotics rehabilitation
- Authoritative information from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition is incorporated throughout.
- A wealth of tables and boxes highlight vital information for quick reference and ease of use.
|作者資訊||By Kevin C Chui, PT, DPT, PhD, GCS, OCS, CEEAA, FAAOMPT, Director and Professor, School of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training, College of Health Professions, Pacific University, Hillsboro, Oregon; Milagros Jorge, PT, Ed.D., Professor Emerita, School of Physical Therapy, Langston University, Langston, Oklahoma ; Sheng-Che Yen, PT, PhD, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Movement and Rehabilitation Sciences Bouvè College of Health Professions, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts and Michelle M. Lusardi, PhD, PT, Professor Emerita, Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Science, College of Health Professions, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut|
|Table of Content||
Part I: Building Baseline Knowledge
Part II: Orthotics in Rehabilitation
Part III: Prosthetics in Rehabilitation
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|