Comprehensive yet easy to read, Pharmacology: Principles and Applications, 3rd Edition introduces you to basic pharmacology, showing how to apply principles to the kinds of clinical situations you will encounter on the job. You'll learn how different drugs work in the body, how to calculate drug dosages, drug administration routes and procedures, the medications related to disorders in each body system, and much more. Written by expert authors Eugenia M. Fulcher, Robert M. Fulcher, and Cathy Dubeansky Soto, Pharmacology ensures that you master all of the pharmacology competencies required by CAAHEP and ABHES. In the book and on a companion Evolve website, a variety of exercises helps you strengthen your skills in math, dosage calculation, and critical thinking.
- Practical coverage of basic pharmacology provides a thorough understanding of the medications most commonly used in ambulatory and inpatient settings.
- Chapter objectives and key words at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study efforts.
- A real-life "Scenario" starts each chapter with thought provoking questions to consider as you progress through the material.
- Each body system chapter includes a list of the "Common Signs & Symptoms of Diseases" and "Common Side Effects of Medications" to help you distinguish between disease progression and medication reactions.
- Body systems icons help you quickly identify how specific drugs affect a particular body system.
- "Check Your Understanding" math review sections enable you to assess your knowledge of application and calculation concepts.
- Procedures boxes provide step-by-step guidance for drug calculation and administration, accompanied by numerous illustrations and icons that identify OSHA-mandated protocols.
- "Important Facts and Clinical Tips" boxes highlight the most important concepts for practice in each chapter.
- "Patient Education" boxes help you communicate more effectively with patients about possible side effects or adverse reactions.
- "Critical Thinking Exercises" challenge you to apply what you've learned to a variety of realistic situations.
|作者資訊||By Eugenia M. Fulcher, RN, BSN, MEd, EdD, CMA, Former Program Director, Medical Assisting, Swainsboro Technical College, Waynesboro, GA|
|已刊登評論||The second edition of Pharmacology: Principles and Applications is a thorough, comprehensive pharmacology text that is well suited for health professions students as a result of its extensive content and effective use of review questions, exercises, color, icons, and graphics to engage students for optimal learning. The text is divided in such a manner that health professions faculty can easily determine which sections of the text should be emphasized in a specific discipline.
Journal of Pharmacy Technology - November/December 2008
|Table of Content||
Section 1: General Aspects of Pharmacology
1. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Pharmacology
Section 2: Mathematics for Pharmacology and Dosage Calculations
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|