Covering the field's latest trends and treatments, Psychiatric Nursing, 8th Edition provides you with the solid, therapeutic skills you need to deliver safe and effective psychiatric nursing care. This new edition features a unique, three-pronged approach to psychotherapeutic management which emphasizes the nurse's three primary tools: themselves and their relationship with patients, medications, and the environment. Written in a friendly, approachable style, this text clearly defines the nurse's role in caring for individuals with psychiatric disorders like no other book on the market!
- Unique! A practical, three-pronged approach to psychotherapeutic management includes: 1) the therapeutic nurse-patient relationship, 2) psychopharmacology, and 3) milieu management.
- Unique! Norm's Notes offer helpful tips from the lead author, Norman Keltner, at the beginning of each chapter, making it easier to understand difficult topics
- DSM-5 information is integrated throughout the text, along with updated content and NANDA content.
- Patient and Family Education boxes highlight information that the nurse should provide to patients and families.
- Nursing care plans highlight the nurse's role in psychiatric care, emphasizing assessment, planning, nursing diagnoses, implementation, and evaluation for specific disorders.
- Case studies depict psychiatric disorders and show the development of effective nursing care strategies.
|作者資訊||By Norman L. Keltner, EdD, RN, CRNP, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Alabama - Birmingham, Birmingham, AL and Debbie Steele|
|Table of Content||
Unit I: The Basics
1. You, Medication, Environment: 3 Tools of the Psychiatric Nurse
Unit II: You (Therapeutic Nurse-Patient Relationship)
Unit III: Medication (Psychopharmacology)
12. Introduction to Psychotropic Drugs
Unit IV: Environment: Milieu Management
20. Introduction to Milieu Management
Unit V: Putting It All Together (Psychopathology)
23. Introduction to Psychopathology
Unit VI: Special Populations
33. Survivors of Violence and Trauma
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|