Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination , 8th Edition
Get the tools and skills you need to prepare for the NCLEX®! Often called the 'the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,' Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 8th Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the most recent test plan. This new edition includes 5,200 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. A companion Evolve website includes thousands of questions that allow you to decide how you want to practice! Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri includes the kinds of questions that consistently test the clinical judgment skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices and test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, this is THE book of choice for NCLEX preparation. But don't just take our word for it - read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why there's nothing else like it!
- Over 5,200 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- 75-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give students practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Presents introductory chapters on preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-RN from a new graduate's experience.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance are found on the Evolve companion site.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option
- UNIQUE! Priority concepts call-outs highlight specific concepts related to nursing practice. Concepts have been updated to reflect the latest Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- UNIQUE! More Priority Nursing Action boxes communicate new and pertinent content.
- Question categories by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area give you completely customizable exams or study sessions when using the companion Evolve site.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- Mnemonics included where appropriate throughout the text.
|作者資訊||By Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island Part-Time Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson, Nevada Elsevier Consultant, HESI NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® Live Review Courses and Angela E. Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada Registered Nurse, Henderson Hospital Medical Center, Henderson, Nevada Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada|
|Table of Content||
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
Unit II: Professional Standards in Nursing
Unit III: Foundations of Care
Unit IV: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
Unit V: Maternity Nursing
Unit VI: Pediatric Nursing
Unit VII: Integumentary Problems of the Adult Client
Unit VIII: Oncological and Hematological Problems of the Adult Client
Unit IX: Endocrine Problems of the Adult Client
Unit X: Gastrointestinal Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XI: Respiratory Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XII: Cardiovascular Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XIII: Renal and Urinary Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XIV: Eye and Ear Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XV: Neurological Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XVI: Musculoskeletal Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XVII: Immune Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XVIII: Mental Health Problems of the Adult Client
Unit XX: Comprehensive Test
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|