Commonly referred to as the "sonography bible" by many of its past and current users, Betty Tempkin's Sonography Scanning, 4th Edition is the go-to guide for producing diagnostic sonograms for physicians. Featuring an updated two-color design, this new edition covers the latest ultrasound scanning principles along with step-by-step instructions for scanning and documenting images. The text also incorporates clinical skills, professionalism, image labeling, image techniques, case presentations, handling of ultrasound equipment, and the universal method for scanning and documenting pathologies. The scanning protocols follow AIUM guidelines and provide information on patient prep, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images. Also included are the location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations.
"Overall, this book is an excellent resource for novice sonography students, but also provides a useful reference book for the more experienced sonographer." Reviewed by: Dr Vivien Gibbs on behalf of RAD Magazine Date: July 2015
- Full and limited scanning protocols discuss the location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations.
- Protocols follow guidelines provided by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), the organization that sets sonography policies, practice standards, safety procedures, and performance guidelines.
- Full discussion of each scanning protocol consistently addresses patient preparation, type of transducer, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images.
- Focus on scanning protocols prepares students for their most important function as a sonographer - providing diagnostic sonograms for physicians.
- Detailed line drawings accompany most sonograms, showing which structures and outlines should be discerned within the image.
- Almost 1,600 images and drawings are accompanied by detailed scanning instructions with illustrations for patient position and transducer movement, plus images with accompanying drawings for every AIUM-approved protocol.
- 10 review questions are added to the end of each chapter, allowing students to quiz themselves.
|作者資訊||By Betty Bates Tempkin, BA, Member, Board of Directors, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Charlottesville, VA; Ultrasound Consultant, Middlebrook, VA; Formerly, Clinical Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL|
"My inital thought was that the book had perhaps tried to be too ambitious in covering such a large number of topics. However, on reading the chapters, I appreciated that the level of detail provided in each area gave a really useful overview for anyone embarking on a sonography career or wishing to extend their areas of scanning expertise.
Overall, this book is an excellent resource for novice sonography students, but also provides a useful reference book for the more experienced sonographer." Reviewed by: Dr Vivien Gibbs on behalf of RAD Magazine
|Table of Content||Part I: General Principles
1. Clinical Principles
2. Scanning Planes and Scanning Methods
Part II: Pathology
3. Scanning Protocol for Abnormal Findings
Part III: Abdominal Scanning Protocols
4. Abdominal Aorta Scanning Protocol
5. Inferior Vena Cava Scanning Protocol
6. Liver Scanning Protocol
7. Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Scanning Protocol
8. Pancreas Scanning Protocol
9. Renal Scanning Protocol
10. Spleen Scanning Protocol
Part IV: Pelvic Scanning Protocols
11. Female Pelvis Scanning Protocol
12. Transvaginal Sonography
13. Obstetrics Scanning Protocol for First, Second, and Third Trimesters
14. Male Pelvis Scanning Protocol for the Prostate Gland, Scrotum, and Penis
Part V: Small Parts Scanning Protocols
15. Musculoskeletal Scanning Protocol
16. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands Scanning Protocol
17. Breast Scanning Protocol
18. Neonatal Brain Scanning Protocol
Part VI: Vascular Scanning Protocols
19. Abdominal Doppler and Color Flow
20. Cerebrovascular Duplex Scanning Protocol
21. Peripheral Arterial and Venous Duplex Scanning Protocols
Part VII: Echocardiography
22. Adult Echocardiography Scanning Protocol
23. Pediatric Echocardiography Scanning Protocol
A. Guidelines for Performance of the Abdominal and Retroperitoneal Ultrasound Examination
B. Guidelines for Performance of the Scrotal Ultrasound Examination
C. Guidelines for Performance of the Antepartum Obstetrical Ultrasound Examination
D. Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Female Pelvis
E. Guidelines for Performance of the Ultrasound Examination of the Prostate (and Surrounding Structures)
|Trim||260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)|