Study Guide for deWit's Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing , 5th Edition
Study Guide for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 5th Edition reinforces your mastery of the terms and concepts presented in the text. Creative activities and updated exercises assist you in setting priorities, applying the nursing process, practicing critical thinking, exercising good judgment and clinical reasoning, and increasing effective communication. A unique Steps to Better Communication section offers vocabulary building and communication exercises for ESL-LED students, and Cultural Points help you understand a diverse patient population.
- Review questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination provide you with additional NCLEX practice to prepare you for the exam.
- Critical thinking activities give you practice at higher-level application questions.
- Communication exercises ask you to practice communicating complex and difficult ideas in nursing with partners.
- Cultural Points explore how the health care field varies in different countries, and how culture affects healthcare in our own country, to give you a broader perspective of nursing care outside your comfort zone.
- Setting Priorities questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance.
- Clinical situations applied to sample practice situations stimulate critical thinking and practical application of nursing concepts.
- Pronunciation and Intonation Skills assist you with the more difficult terms and words with multiple meanings in the nursing field.
- Grammar Points exercises offer a refresher on common grammatical errors made in the nursing field.
- Word Attack Skills provide focused concentration on some of the more important or confusing terms in the curriculum.
- Meeting Clinical Objectives activities help you meet stated clinical practice objectives of the corresponding chapter.
- Review of structure and function of the human body refreshes you on content learned in previous classes and how it applies to this curriculum.
- Completion exercises with key terms reinforce nursing vocabulary.
- Short answer, identification, multiple choice, and matching questions use multiple formats to test your knowledge of concepts conveyed in the text.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions reinforce the different stages of the nursing process.
|作者資訊||By Patricia A. Williams, RN, MSN, CCRN, Formerly, Nursing Educator University of California Medical Center San Francisco, California; Alumnus, iSAGE Mini Fellowship Program Successful Aging Project Stanford University Medical School Stanford, California|
|Table of Content||
Unit I: Introduction to Nursing and the Health Care System
Unit II: The Nursing Process
Unit III: Communication in Nursing
Unit IV: Developmental, Psychosocial, and Cultural Considerations
Unit V: Basic Nursing Skills
Unit VI: Meeting Basic Physiologic Needs
Unit VII: Medication Administration
Unit VIII: Care of the Surgical and Immobile Patient
Unit IX: Caring for the Elderly
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|