Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry , 6th Edition
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, this comprehensive guide helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. This widely respected text draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. The new edition features a new full-color design, significant content updates, and a new companion website with six supplemental chapters, videos, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage of operative dentistry includes fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention, all within a single volume.
- Up-to-date information covers insurance, safety, and infection control, based on the latest reports and guidelines from organizations such as OSHA and ADA.
- A clear, consistent presentation describes each restorative process in a linear pattern: initial clinical procedures, tooth preparation, and then restorative technique.
- Procedural alternatives include multiple approaches to problems wherever applicable, teaching how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
- Pros and cons of restoration options include advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications for restorations.
- A course-based presentation of topics follows that of many operative dentistry courses, making students' absorption of content stronger and more efficient.
- 2,550 illustrations include 700 high-quality half-tones and line drawings - more illustrations than any other operative dentistry text.
- Full-color clinical photos illustrate important concepts - such as coloration and shading on both natural teeth and prostheses.
- Computer assisted design and computer assisted machining (CAD/CAM) is incorporated into the practice of operative dentistry and related to techniques.
- Esthetic dentistry instruction is included for this increasingly popular area.
- Chapter outlines begin each chapter and highlight important topics.
- Extensive references direct readers to current resources available for additional research.
|作者資訊||By Harald O. Heymann, DDS, MEd, Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Edward J. Swift, Jr. , DMD, MS, Professor and Chair, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Andre V. Ritter, DDS, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC|
"This sixth edition has undergone significant revision since its 2006 edition and is now in full colour, which includes the line art that has been completely redrawn in full colour too. This demonstrates conservative aesthetic procedures more clearly."
BDA News, May 2013
|Table of Content||
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|