The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual with Trigger Points, Referral Patterns and Stretching , 2nd Edition
Muscolino' s comprehensive and visually engaging coverage takes an in-depth look at palpation of muscle and bone along with trigger points and their pain referral patterns, stretching, specific muscle treatment, and more. Amazing four-color artwork shows palpation of the muscle with illustrations drawn over full-color photos. New additions such as review questions, "Deeper Thoughts," case studies and an Interactive Muscle Program help you develop integrative clinical-reasoning skills and successfully apply palpation techniques in massage therapy.
- Full-color musculoskeletal overlays depict muscles and bones exactly as they appear when palpated to help you locate tissues and landmarks with confidence.
- Comprehensive palpation coverage helps you easily identify muscle names, attachments, actions, palpation steps, and more.
- Video demonstrations on the Evolve site demonstrate and reinforce correct muscle palpation.
- Joseph Muscolino's popular, concise writing style makes the science of palpation clear and accessible, encouraging critical thinking skills.
- Trigger points and referral patterns included for each muscle provide convenient access to guidelines for additional client assessment and treatment.
- Massage-specific treatment options guide you from palpation and assessment to practical treatment application.
- Stretching protocols and illustrations broaden your treatment capabilities.
- Comprehensive Body Mechanics chapter details 10 guidelines to help maximize efficiency during practice.
- A massage stroke atlas with information on draping techniques, massage strokes, and fundamental characteristics of touch helps you efficiently treat clients.
- Detailed explanations and full color drawings for bone and bony landmark palpation provide a comprehensive resource for bone palpation.
|作者資訊||By Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT|
"Overall, this is a marvelous book, with a wealth of information on a topic that often does not get sufficient coverage. The book has some of the best and most pedagogical illustrations I have seen in a long time, and the accompanying website is a great source of resources. I highly recommend it." -Dana J Lawrence, DC, MMedEd, MA, Palmer College of Chiropractic Doody Score: 84/100
"The Muscle and Bone Palpation Manual with Trigger Points, Referral Patterns and Stretching offers the comprehensive and visually engaging way to truly master manual therapy palpation techniques. It contains thorough and clear palpation methods accompanied by the highest quality illustrations, and it includes a wealth of valuable study aids." - SirReadaLot.org (June 2015, Issue #194)
|Table of Content||
PART I: ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT TECHNIQUES
PART 2: BONE PALPATION AND LIGAMENTS
PART 3: MUSCLE PALPATION
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|