Get up to speed on how to properly assess the care needs of today's culturally diverse clientele with Transcultural Nursing: Assessment & Intervention, 7th Edition. Centering on Giger's unique transcultural model of clear, easy-to-apply assessment and intervention strategies for the clinical setting, this one-of-a-kind resource will help you learn to identify the six key cultural phenomena used in caring for clients from different backgrounds (communication, space, social organization, time, environmental control, and biological variations), and show you how to apply these phenomena to a variety of individuals in different cultures.
- UNIQUE! Giger & Davidhizar's Transcultural Assessment Model devotes a full chapter to each of the six aspects of cultural assessment (communication, space, social organization, time, environmental control, and biologic variations) to help readers apply this model to any client of any culture - even those not covered in the text.
- 2010 census data is incorporated through the book to provide the most current analysis of demographic trends.
- UNIQUE! Sample care plans demonstrate how to apply principles to specific client needs.
- UNIQUE! Discussion of the spiritual component provides a more holistic, integrated approach to culture and assessment.
- Case studies and critical thinking questions help readers apply the assessment framework in practice.
- Clarification of biologic variations for select cultural groups raises readers' awareness of potential risks/influences on client health.
|作者資訊||By Joyce Newman Giger, EdD, RN, APRN, BC, FAAN, Professor, Lulu Wolf Hassenplug Endowed Chair in Nursing, UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA|
|New to this Edition||
|Table of Content||
PART ONE: FRAMEWORK FOR CULTURAL ASSESSMENT
PART TWO: APPLICATION OF ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION TECHNIQUES TO SPECIFIC CULTURAL GROUPS
Appendix A: Answer Key for Review Questions
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|